3D Model Requirements
- CheckMate Pro Tool 1 script: Check for quads/tris only, no isolated vertices, other fail points.
- Decide if your model is to be submitted as subdividable or realtime.
- Real-world scale in any units.
- Model positioned near [0,0,0] and model includes a grouping or hierarchy such that entire model can be moved by selecting one object or helper.
- Objects in a named layer.
- Texture paths stripped.
- All extraneous splines, helpers, hidden objects, etc. removed.
- Transforms reset.
- Model + textures in a single ZIP file with flat file structure (no subfolders) for each file format offered.
Publisher Step 1
- Product Name: noun or adjectives-noun, spelled correctly, first letter capitalized
- CheckMate Price
- Poly Count and Vertex Count for model without subdivision
- Geometry type: choose Polygonal Quads/Tris or Polygonal Quads only
- Fill out all other fields accurately
- Choose native format
- Choose option Submit model for CheckMate Pro
Publisher Step 2
- Signature Image
- Secondary Image
- At least 4 additional renderings from various angles, closeups, etc. 1200×1200 minimum and square
- Wireframe Images – At least 2
- If subdivision model, 2 or more wireframes showing subdivision levels
- If Unwrapped UVs = Yes or Mixed, include image of UV cage unwrapped over texture
Publisher Step 3
- Description includes:
- Any third-party renderer used
- Resolutions for all textures
- Unit scale used, and size of model in that scale
- If realtime model, include the text “This model is not intended for subdivision.”
Note: Doing the items on this checklist will not guarantee you will pass CheckMate Pro, but it will get you close enough to submit the model and get specific corrections from a CheckMate Inspector.