While New Orleans is known worldwide for our food and fun, it seems almost unfathomable that sitting high above the downtown area is the headquarters of the world’s largest online 3D model marketplace, conducting international business as usual. Those not familiar with the site often ask exactly what TurboSquid does, here’s the abridged version:
- Computer generated 3D models are created by artist from around the world.
- Artist then publish them online via TurboSquid.com.
- Models are showcased, marketed and sold to customers for use in films, games, architecture and other production based industries.
- Models used by customers save them time and money, artists are paid royalties, and so on.
It seems simple enough, but the day-to-day inner workings of the company take loads of technical talent, customer support savvy, and marketing prowess to stay ahead in such a competitive industry. To maintain our top spot, TurboSquid is looking to add to our already bright, creative, and energetic team. The benefits of working for an innovator like TurboSquid include the usual perks like competitive wages, medical coverage, and paid vacation, but unique benefits including a well stocked kitchen of caffeinated beverages, sugary snacks, and a cereal bar keep the “squids” at work spry.
Recent articles have highlighted the successes and struggles we’ve encountered while attempting to attract qualified candidates.
- Energized New Orleans native returns to a vibrant start-up scene
- Tech Jobs Go Begging in New Orleans
Think you have what it takes to join the talented team at TurboSquid?
Then get to our Jobs page and apply today!