Some site upgrades went online this week, focusing on improving the customer download experience. We expect a couple of cosmetic tweaks, but this wraps up a large set of improvements to this section like inline downloads and multi-file zip downloads.
Simplification of Product Folders for Purchases & Downloads
- Users really only wanted the main product files, and customers only wanted accompanying product files types, so we removed promotional preview files and thumbnails from the product’s file systems.
- We’ve also pulled out the Textures and Customer-Only accompanying product files from folders and put them in with the Main Product files, so users don’t have to go looking for them.
- Promotional files like Previews and Evaluation versions can still be downloaded directly from the Full Preview. We’ve also improved the tracking of these files and will soon come out with a report on the data.
- We removed the “product view” where you were in a product’s subfolders and had a different header.
- Inline file downloads are now available in the Smart Folders – Purchase History, Starred, and Corporate Accounts. The old Download page is now fully offline.
- A few optimizations for the download zipping process.
- Purchases folders that included products which the user had rated with special characters will now finish loading.
- Upgrade to full preview header display for users coming from Google searches.
Tags: Site upgrade